Thursday, July 13, 2017

Paradise island

To describe the day is rather hard as it was one of the best moments in my fly-fishing career. We chartered a small boat to Paradise island where Ian, his son Alex, Paul and I fished the reefs surrounding the island. There were shoals of queen mackerel - blue and yellow tail queens swimming beneath the boat on the bite - incredible on fly. We later took to the shore and I caught another 5 or so species of fish. The other amazing event was that we crossed .paths with two Dugong swimming near the boat. A very rare site as there are only 250 left in the world. Later on we swam in the 'fish tank' near the island and it was on a par if not better than the Seychelles islands. I'm still recovering from the wonder of it all. Paul took the photos so I'll send later. This was my 50 birthday present and I'll never forget it.
Pics coming later - having trouble with reception 






No comments:

Post a Comment